If you’re one of those people who like to bake and roast a lot,after a couple months of cooking the oven will seem fairly grimy. When you use the oven a lot for charring and baking, grease tends to build up as well as char. When these accumulate, carbon is formed which can cause a strong burning smell the next time you’ll cook rather every time without cleaning it. And if you allow it to go on like this, it can turn hazardous. So it’s best to clean up the oven once in a while.
But wait! Have you ever even tried cleaning up the oven? Do you even know what you need for oven cleaning? Well, if the answer is no, then with a few simple tips and techniques, you’ll be able to do a fairly good job even on your first attempt.
To begin with, you will need the basic oven cleaning items like a spray bottle, a small bowl, a rag, water, vinegar and baking soda. Have all these things lined up before you start the cleaning cause once you begin, you can’t go back and forth to fetch one thing after the other.
This is what you need to do now;
– Make a fine paste by adding a couple spoons of baking soda with some water. The consistency of the paste should be in a way that it easily spreads wherever required.
– Remove all racks from the oven and place them in the sink containing warm water and a couple drops of dishwashing liquid. Allow the racks to soak in well. Once the grease comes off, you can wash the racks and put them aside.
– Now you need to spread the paste in the oven. You need to know that the baking soda will change its color to brown. Let the baking soda sit there for the whole night. If you want the baking soda to do its thing, you need to leave it on for at least 12 hours before cleaning.
– The next day wet the rag and clean the baking soda as much as you can.
– Once you have done that, and there are still some residues of baking soda in the oven, pour vinegar into the spray bottle and sprinkle on it.
– Wipe it all off with a clean, wet rag.
– Once the oven is completely cleaned and wiped, you can put the racks back in.
– To clean up the window, use the same baking soda paste, only this time make it a bit thicker. Apply it to the window and let it stay there for about half an hour. Wipe clean the window with a wet rag.
The oven will still be a little wet from all the cleaning. At a low temperature, turn the oven on for about 20 to 30 minutes and allow it to dry off.
You will be blown away once you see the results and wish you had known these ovens cleaning hacks way before.